Introduction: Getting Started FAQ
Click on a question to see the answer.
OvidSP is a search platform which provides access to databases, books and journals offered by the Huntington Hospital Health Sciences Library.
Answer:Get to OvidSP from the Library's Sharepoint site or from one of the direct links below:
On site: http://ovidsp.ovid.com/autologin
Off site: http://ovidsp.ovid.com/
(username and password required)
Huntington Hospital employees can access OvidSP off-site via username and password provided by library staff. Contact the library Monday-Friday, 8am - 4pm to request OvidSP off-site access. Or, fill out the online Request Off-Site Access form
Physicians with Citrix/Meditech or Connect access can access the library's resources, including OvidSP, through their Citrix or Connect logins. Visit the Physician's Off-Site Access page or contact the library to learn more.
CME / CE Credits Now Available!
Hospital affiliated physicians and nurses can now obtain 4 CME/CE credits for completing the tutorials and quizzes for all four levels.
- Download the Course Objectives & Outline and Checklist for CME Course below.
- When you have completed all the items on the checklist, you will be sent a confirmation email from the library.
- The Library will notify the CME Coordinator of your completion.
- The CME Coordinator will email you a Certificate of CME Completion (at the email address you have provided), and your EEDS record will be updated.
- Log into NetLearning.
- Search for "ovidsp" under the ENROLL IN CBL section.
- Click launch course to download the Course Objectives & Outline and Checklist (or, download them from the documents below).
- When you have completed all the items on the checklist, log in to NetLearning and click on take test (after following steps 1 & 2 above).
- Click on Click here to proceed.
- Answer the 6 post-course evaluation questions, and sign acknowledgement statement. A CE certificate will be generated by Workforce Learning for 4 CE credits.
- A current web browser (IE8 or above preferred)
- Adobe Flash Player will need to be installed
- Java needs to be enabled on your web browser
Monday ~ Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(Clinical & Allied Health badge access 24/7)
phone: (626) 397-5161
fax: (626) 397-2408
text: (626) 344-0542
Mobile, Technology User Group, Medical Reference, Database Searching, Cataloging, Electronic Resources, Website
Step 1: Rookie Tutorials
|< 5 min|
Learn the best ways to searching using OvidSP's natural language search mode (Adobe Flash Player required)
|Select a Database
Learn how to select a database, access field guides for each database, change databases & create database groups (Adobe Flash Player required)
Learn how to refine your results by year, author, subject or publication type (Adobe Flash Player required)
Learn how to find articles that are similar to an article of interest
|Working with Results
Learn how to select, print, email, export or add results to My Projects (Adobe Flash Player required)
|Creating a Personal Account
Learn the benefits of having your own account on OvidSP
|Find Citing Articles
Learn how to find more recent articles that cite an article of interest