This guide is to help clinicians, staff, and researchers at Huntington Hospital to find information about CME resources made available to them through the Center for Health Evidence Library.
How to earn and redeem CME credits in Access platforms
1. Create an account and sign in to your MyAccess personal profile
2. Find a CME eligible title. Look for these icons in a book's table of contents or chapter headings:
3. Read the content.
4. Click on the CME icon to begin the process of claiming credits. The content must be assigned to a topical query.
5. Navigate to the MyAccess profile to claim the credit. Click Earn CME Credit to complete a brief questionnaire. Credits can be claimed immediately or saved later for up to one year.
6. Print your certificate. A copy is also automatically saved to the "earned credits" portion of the My CME section in your MyAccess profile.
How to earn and redeem CME credits in ClinicalKey
1. Go to ClinicalKey and log in or create a personal account.
2. Perform a search.
3. Find and read the content of interest. Look for the CME icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen:
4. Claim credits from your dashboard, by selecting the query you want to claim, answer a few questions, and click submit. Print or view the certificate.
How to earn and redeem CME credits in Ovid Discovery
1. Create an account and sign in to Ovid Discovery.
2. Perform a search.
3. Collect CME credits in Ovid Discovery based on your search activity. Find and click on the “Get CME Credit for your Research” button near the top of the page, beneath the search field:
4. Read the Terms and Conditions. Click Accept.
5. Fill out the CME Registration Page and click Submit.
6. Ovid will generate a certificate with your earned CME credit based on your search. This is also available to view at your My CME History page.
How to earn and redeem CME credits in UpToDate
1. Log in or register to create a username and password.
2. Search for a clinical question in UpToDate. UpToDate will automatically track the questions in the CME or CE tab.
3. Select the tab to view all your redeemable credits organized by month. Look for this icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen:
4. View searches and identify how you applied information found in UpToDate in your practice.
5. Repeat the process for all CME credits you'd like to submit. Click Save.
6. Select months with completed credits you'd wish to submit and click Continue to view/print certificate.
Watch the CME Overview Video: